Welcome to Tennis Junction
We are the Premier Tennis store on the Main Line, situated in Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia. We have been in business 19 years, specializing in everything Tennis – Racquets, Apparel, Stringing and Footwear.
Tennis Racquets- Wilson, Head, Babolat, Yonex, Prince, Asics, Volkl and Dunlop.
Racquet Stringing – We are Racquet Stringing Experts !!
5 Master Racquet Technicians, with the United States Racquet Stringer’s Association are on staff.
We will help you determine the ideal racquet frame, strings and tension to enhance your needs and playing style.
Same day racquet stringing is available, usual stringing turn around is 24 hours.
Strings from Babolat, Wilson, Prince, Gamma, Head, Luxilon, and Tecnifibre. Footwear from Nike, Asics, Adidas, Wilson, Prince, Head, Babolat, K-Swiss and New Balance. Apparel for Ladies, Mens and Kids from Nike, Adidas, Tail, Fila, Bolle, Lija and TV Sports.
We have over 200 demo racquets. Try a frame before you decide on a purchase.
Call (610) 525-2504 for details, or to reserve a particular racquet.
Five factors that influence the way a tennis racquet plays.
1. Head size. The larger head will produce a lower number, and thus more power, a bigger sweet spot and more comfort.
2. String bed density. The denser a string pattern – the greater the control.
3. String gauge. A thinner string will elongate more and give a higher string plane stiffness.
4. String Type. A stiffer string will give a higher RDC value compared to a softer string at the same tension.
5. Machine type. A constant pull machine (like the Wilson Baiardo), will produce a higher string bed stiffness when compared to a lock out machine at the same tension.